Wednesday, December 13, 2006

from Adam Pierce

I'm not a geek, I'm not a jock, I'm not a goth.
I'm just a guy.
I don't even like to write much.
But Luce says this would be good for me.
I've tried Ridalin, Seraquil and Lexapro and they were all
supposed to make me feel better, but they didn't. So now I'll
try Luce.
And, no, Luce isn't my girlfriend. She's Angie's girlfriend
or at least she was until Angie moved out. She's still pretty
broken-hearted about it.
That's why she was on the train that day to Vermont.
This is how I remember it.
The water must have been moving, but from where I was
sitting by the window on the Ethan Allen Express, the
Hudson River looked motionless; flat and gray with a thick
mist on its surface, the same haze that had settled in the
micrometers between my brain and skull.
In other words I felt like crap...

Meet Adam Pierce on his way to a summer in Vermont-- and a YA novel that tells the truth about being young, over-medicated and slowly aware that all you'd been told about your dead dad was a cover-up, and all that you thought you knew about yourself a lie. A story of ghosts encountered and spirits set free.

Dear friends--

Braiswick, my too good for words independent (very independent) publisher
in Felixstowe England, has just released my second YA title, again written
through close consultation with my teenage source, Ben Ressler.
Please take a moment to check out WOLF on the braiswick homepage and let me
know what you think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home