Monday, November 21, 2005

Thx to Braiswick

As a new author, well as an author who had been writing & free lancing children's literature for a decade but was a neophyte to book publishing,
I owe a big, big thank you to Trevor Lockwood of Braiswick at By Design.
Given the current log jam in conventional publishing, at least here in the States, I had begun my collection of laudatory rejection letters that said good writing, but not what we're doing right now. (When in fact publishers are taking on authors who won't see their books in print for another 2 or 3 years.) Braiswick liked what I wrote, how I wrote it, gave me direction & freedom at the same time and helped my first YA novel see the light of day before I was too demoralized by the search for a publisher to actually enjoy holding my first book in my hands. (With two more titles lined up for 2006 & 2007, I feel a tremendous surge of energy that conventional publishers simply wouldn't encourage or support. Thx. again Braiswick!)

1 Comments:

At 4:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some authors will do anything to keep their publishers happy!
As Eben Reilly's publisher I can only say - keep it up Eben!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home