Monday, November 21, 2005

Daughter Dedannan and the Cauldron of Undry




This is a story filled with Irish banshees and wild boars and Celtic warriors, where the Dedannan tribe, early settlers on shores of the emerald isle travel through the history of Ireland. Fantasy mixed with sociological detail will appeal to a young adult audience looking for more.

The idea for the book began when my 12-year-old son Ben Ressler of Castleton, Vermont, USA told his mom, writer Eileen Ressler, a story filled with Irish banshees and wild boars and Celtic warriors.

So I researched our family history, starting with 1905 when my grandmother Kitty Reilly left the family homestead in Cavan, Ireland.

I kept probing until a whole world of ancient custom and mythology opened up. Two years later I had completed this novel about the mythical Dedannan tribe who, according to legend, were among the first to settle on shores of the emerald isle.

Entwining fantasy with precise sociological detail about ancient Ireland, the novel was first written for a young adult audience but will draw in any reader with a taste for Irish myth or history.

Hope you like it - you can buy it from Amazon or from me

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved it - i got hooked right away. Reading about my ancient legends was fun and eye opening. Thanks Eben.

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Eben Reilly said...

Thx so much to friends who have been contacting me after having finished Daughter Dedannan and sharing their thoughts. I'd love to have you publish your comments on this blog site-- especially you younger readers. C'mon Allie, I know you're out there. (Would love to hear from you! Also, thx. to Mom & Steven for joining us as at the Briggs & Carriage reading!)
eben

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home