Saturday, January 20, 2007

Welcome New Writers!

Over the past month I've been pleased to have several new writers bravely post their first passages publicly.
I've also heard from several students who have visited the blog, but did not post. I do hope in future they overcome their timidity and post some of their responses, questions, and possibly first attempts.

To blog or not to blog is a simple question. If it's just me warbling away into cyber space: NOT. But if this is a blogsite where others can feel safe and free to warble along: let's blog.

2 Comments:

At 11:58 AM , Blogger Sheela Wolford said...

Here, here, Eileen! I vote for your blog remaining open and especially to helping new writers, young and old. You have been an enormous amount of help to me...you and Bryan and I am grateful...so, so grateful. I offer now, too, to everyone who might venture to your site, my newest site, too, aimed to help crack open a fearful, frozen, broken, or simply silent writing voice. Please post my site, too, and let everyone know it is my service to them. I have spent too much time hoping someone would invest in me and have done some mighty begging only to be graced by a very, very few. Now I understand my glory comes from what I produce and to earn a living I will humbly teach and freelance and when I have enough material, perhaps a publication house or operation will seize my worth and slowly I will make it through. So no more begging, simply working, and this site is my gift to those who are without, too. Much love. Sheela http://wolfordwrite.com/blog/

 
At 3:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lydia from Pratt--

glad to have someplace where my first jottings will be welcome--
still have to build up the nerve
to post!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home